How We Started
Kerry-Leigh Wright was working in a steady job as a manager of one of South Africa’s largest furniture retailers’ busiest stores in Gauteng. As part of her job, she went out into the surrounding areas to market the company.
It was during these outings that Kerry became aware of the rising levels of poverty which are besieging South African society. Seeing the poor and downtrodden so desperate to pull themselves out of their current circumstances, the seeds of an idea were planted in Kerry’s mind. It was clear to her that what separated the people she was meeting from others was a lack of the skills needed for gainful employment or entrepreneurship.
This drove Kerry to register Hope, Faith and Grace Community Project as a vehicle for change for the disadvantaged, especially the youth. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, Kerry wants Hope, Faith and Grace Community Project to collaborate with existing organisations that can offer their knowledge, skills and expertise as they work towards a common goal, which is the alleviation of poverty and development of employment skills.
The vision of the organisation is to make meaningful contributions towards the alleviation of poverty and the empowerment of people in local communities. Working closely with existing organisations, Hope, Faith and Grace aims to assist people mentally, spiritually, emotionally and physically to become self-reliant and create sustainable futures for themselves. Given the crisis of a disaffected youth that is largely unemployed, Hope, Faith and Grace wants to focus its immediate resources on helping young people.
To acquire premises from where the organisation can function in the community, working with all stakeholders that aim to uplift the community and its residents. Focusing on the well-being of the poor and needy, especially young people and abused women and children. Hope, Faith and Grace will empower people with the capacity to gain and retain sustainable employment and train entrepreneurs and small business owners to grow their businesses successfully.
Hope, Faith and Grace Community Project recognizes that there are many organisations doing good work in the community in their respective areas and does not intend to act in a way to diminish them. Instead, HFG wants to unite organisations and help them network with each other for the good of the communities they serve.
HFG has recognized a gap in the care of young people who have lost their way and been abandoned by society. As such, it is working towards a community-based solution for this serious problem and wants to invite organisations and stakeholders to offer it their support.
HFG has an excellent track record of soliciting and receiving funds from sponsors seeking to make a difference, but unsure of how to invest the money. The funds are used to continue its good work, which includes establishing a growing list of organisations making a difference in the area.
There is no possible way that HFG can change the world, but it can be the make or break difference in the lives of the people it helps.
The organisation has the following values based on the Word of God:
Strengthened by a core belief in accountability and transparency.
To achieve its organisational aims, Hope, Faith and Grace plans to:
- Obtain premises for its operations, especially a facility for the youth.
- Request and receive initial and recurring sponsorship and donations.
- Operate a cohesive facility that offers:
- A safe place of residence away from negative influences
- Skills development to improve employment prospects and the ability to live independently
- Counselling and spiritual enrichment.
- Safe recreation and interaction with others
- A nurturing environment in which accountability and consequence management are taught
- Help existing organisations to continue their invaluable work in the community.
- Establish new links with existing organisations to help them network with others.
- Continue with outreach to the poor and needy.
Benefits of sponsorship and donations for businesses and individuals
- All contributions are tax exempted.
- Achievement of your organisation’s corporate-social responsibility goals.
- Hope, Faith and Grace will give you free publicity for your organisation related to the contributions made.
- A pool of potential employees for selection upon them leaving.
- A say in some of the skills training being done to cater to your company’s needs.
- Business networking opportunities with other contributors, allowing you to grow your client and supplier base.
- Complete transparency and accountability as far as how contributions are used.
How to Help
Become a sponsor and make donations to this worthy cause using our banking details:
Hope Faith and Grace Community Project
Branch Code: 19074200
Account Number: 1169694357Please use your name or your organisation’s name as a reference